Wednesday, February 17, 2010

From Jenny Kreil

How I have enjoyed this month's study of Philippians!!

While studying this month, there have been so many moments that have demanded my quiet reflection. God's words (through Paul) are POWERFUL.

"...to live is Christ and to die is gain." Volumes could be filled discussing the implication of those words.

"Do everything without complaining or arguing..." Hmmm. Volumes could be filled discussing the ways I have failed in this area!

But the powerful statement that has moved me today is found in verse 12 of chapter 3. "...I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." Jesus took hold of Paul for the spread of the gospel. He claimed Paul, with his talents, gifts, circumstance, as His own for the purpose of spreading the good news. And Paul, in turn, claimed that mission as his own.

I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

For what purpose did Jesus take hold of ME? What are my gifts and talents that Christ claims?

Am I striving to take hold of that for which Christ took hold of me?

1 comment:

  1. Stupidity. Jesus is a myth...Oh Zeus, what purpose do you hold for me? Sound stupid when I replace insert Zeus for Jesus? Of course it does! Educate yourself and don't let your indoctrination take hold of reality. thethinkingatheist.com or godisimaginary.com are good places to start. Pick up a REAL FACTUAL book and read it, not your bible book that endorses slavery and genocide and misogyny. Get the facts, not the funk, peace.

    ReplyDelete

blog background

Followers