Monday, April 12, 2010

From Nicki Rhoton

(** Edited note: Huge apologies that these posts are so late! I just let myself get too busy lately and haven't been updating the Canyon blogs in a timely manner. I promise I'll do a better job in the future!! -Jenny)

Just listened to Galatians on my ipod whilst walking (yeah for Spring Break).

I noticed that the main theme of the book is to warn the Galatians of the false teaching on circumcision, which they were requiring new gentile converts to do.

Strong emphasis on their no longer being under to law of Moses; admonition for requiring conformity from the gentile converts in this respect whilst not keeping the law themselves.

For us: we are saved by Christ's blood. We can improve our character, e.g. "fruits of the spirit"; but we will never be pure enough to enter into a right relationship with God, without the blood of Jesus. It is impossible to be saved by the law, and even just by righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog background

Followers